- 2019-03-02 10:03 AM
This museum is the collector of successive civilizations on Antalya since the early ages. The museum was built in 1972 and took its present form in 1982. Built on an area of 30000 square meters, it has 13 halls, plus an outdoor hall and a children's hall. The museum has 5,000 items in addition to 30,000 pieces that are not publicly displayed. The museum has a story to tell that when Italy occupied Antalya in 1919, it brought an archaeological expedition that set its sights to collect the monuments of the area and put them in the Italian embassy building, but the two were intercepted and collected the pieces that formed the nucleus of the current museum in 1922. The forum includes workshops for the restoration and maintenance of monuments.